Obstetrics & Gynecology opening in Lancaster, South Carolina.
Job Title: Advanced Practice Provider (APP - Certified Nurse Midwife) MCP Lancaster Medical Center
Job Summary/ Purpose:
MUSC Health Lancaster Medical Center is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider interested in working full-time to provide care for women s reproductive health and childbirth in Lancaster, SC. The APP will join a busy and thriving Women s Health Practice that includes three physicians.
Our Ob/Gyn group averages about 550 deliveries annually and providers each see approximately 20 patients daily. As a partner and collaborator with our academic medical center, the chosen candidate will have access to advanced technologies such as specialty and sub-specialty diagnostic support, and direct affiliation with clinical centers of excellence.
Lancaster, SC, is located just 25-35 minutes away from the Charlotte metropolitan area, and serves as the seat of Lancaster County, the sixth fastest-growing county in the Carolinas. The city is home to the University of South Carolina at Lancaster, the largest of the university s regional campuses, and boasts ample outdoor recreation opportunities, including 360-acre Andrew Jackson State Park.
With access to great shopping, excellent schools, restaurants, state parks, golf courses, a vibrant art community, and an affordable cost of living, Lancaster, SC, is a great place to call home.
Learn more about Lancaster, SC:
Click Here to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Salaried/Exempt
Hours per week: 40 hours
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Mon-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Patient Population Focus
Patient Population Age Range: 12 years-death
Required Training and Experience
Required Minimum Training: Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program and currently licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physician Assistant or completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program and currently licensed or eligible for licensure as an APRN as noted below.
APRN License Type/Certification
- Certified Nurse Midwife, CNM (12-death), medical care for women s reproductive health and childbirth
- AGPNP/ANP (Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP or Adult NP): Adult pts (13 years to death), stable chronic disease state management or primary care setting.
- FNP (Family NP): (birth to death) Stable chronic disease state management, primary care across the lifespan.
Required Experience: Minimum of 1 years experience as a PA, FNP or CNM.
- WHNP (Women s Health NP): (12 years to death) OB/GYN services and well women care.
- CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife): OBGYN services and well women care.
Degree of Supervision
Certified Nurse Midwife, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant will be assigned a Primary Supervising/Collaborating Physician employed by MUSC and will report directly to this physician.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations
All certifications must be current and complete prior to start date:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- DHEC and DEA license applications must be started prior to first day
Provides direct care to patients through the following activities:
- Takes comprehensive history and performs physical examinations
- Evaluates and treats on the basis of history, physical examination, radiological, laboratory, and other diagnostic test results pursuant to the practice agreement or scope of practice guideline
- provide prenatal and postpartum care for pregnant women
- Tend to patients and newborns during labor and delivery
- Perform routine gynecological care, including exams
- Educate patients on parenting and family planning
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and referring patients to specialists when necessary
- Test for and diagnosing various medical conditions
- Provide emotional support for expectant and new mothers
- Performs the following therapeutic procedures in accordance with procedural privileges, skill and proficiency as approved by the Clinical Division Chief
- IUD insertion and removal, Nexplanon insertion and removal, Endometrial Biopsy, Colposcopy, Vulvar Biopsy, skin tag, pap smear
- Documents and bills for direct care provided
- Utilizes current research and evidence-based decision-making in all clinical practice
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization
- Demonstrates responsibility for professional practice through active participation in professional organizations and continuing education
- Potential to precept students at MUSC enrolled as an advanced practice provider student; and facilitates the learning of other new team members
- APRN, PA or CNM must maintain licenses, certifications, CNEs/CMEs, etc. as required by applicable policies and state law
- If a CNM, call will be required up to 8 days per month.
Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36" to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.