Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
The Nutrition Services Ambassador:
Explains Room Service menu to patients, qualifies patients as full Room Service, Assist, or Non-Select. Delivers patient meal trays and unit supplies. Follows HACCP principles in completing tasks. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accurately manages position paperwork (tray delivery forms, Missed Meal Report, refrigerator and freezer temperature monitoring forms, etc.).
- Follows correct hand hygiene procedures (sanitizes hands before and after entering patient rooms, washes hands as needed, etc.).
- Utilizes appropriate scripting and responds to patients/internal and external customers (asks for two patient identifiers, confirms accuracy of tray, offers to open cartons, offers to get anything else the patient needs, effectively uses HEAL principle, etc.).
- Effectively and safely uses position equipment, performing applicable cleaning/sanitation procedures (sanitizes carts if used to transport dirty trays and at end of day, cleans unit coffee machines and refrigerators, etc.).
- When assisting patients, ensures meal selections are in accordance with patients diet order to ensure desired items are allowed, thus optimizing patient experience.
- Puts patient as priority and focal point, routinely managing meal delivery to get trays to patient as quickly as possible and universally within the allotted 45 minutes.
- Effectively orients patients to room service ordering process, accurately qualifies patients as full Room Service, Assist, or Non-select, and communicates this with Call Center
Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
Ability to push and pull wheeled carts
Ability to read and write English
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to follow oral and written directions
Ability to tolerate frequent temperature changes working with and around equipment that generates heat, steam, and cold
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Food service or customer service experience preferred
Key Words: food, nutrition, meal service, food service, room service, chef, sous chef, culinary, food prep
Requisition Number: 0
Shift: Second Shift
Name: 803060 - Food Services
External Company URL:
Street: 630 Eaton Avenue
FTE: 16 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 0.20