We are currently seeking an Area Leader for our Infrastructure Construction Management Practice in the Seattle, WA Area.
The Infrastructure Construction Management Area Leader is responsible for leading established groups of Engineers and Inspectors in their area. This position will oversee all aspects of Personnel Management, Project Management and Client Experience while serving clients on infrastructure construction projects.
Area Leadership: The selected candidate must have a can-do attitude to grow and develop staff while working closely with clients, engineers, and sub-consultants to ensure their needs are met. This will include:
- Setting and attending client meetings both alone and in collaboration with RS&H project/leadership associates
- Conducting market research, competitor analyses, and business planning and setting/attaining reasonable sales goals
- Coordinating pursuits with marketing team members, business development staff, project managers, and external partners
- Authoring/review of proposal content and participation/assisting in presentations
- Serve as a partner to industry organizations and provide thought leadership within committees and conferences including ACEC, APWA, TCC, and WTS, to name a few
- Driving recruiting of talent at all levels and supporting recruiting with our Infrastructure Design group
- Assist in promoting the Company's brand through collaboration with internal resource groups on visuals, content, and messaging
Project/Quality Leadership: Also operating as a Project Officer, Manager, or Resident Engineer, you must have the credentials and ability to manage Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) teams for regional owner-clients on large or complex infrastructure transportation projects. These project-level duties will range from overseeing project teams with regular quality check-ins to serving as the day-to-day resident engineer on specialized projects. In general, these duties may include:
- Implementing quality assurance procedures
- Ensuring client satisfaction and a quality client experience
- Overseeing, preparing and/or submitting estimates and documentation of construction projects
- Checking engineering calculations, interpreting contract documents
- Planning and organizing the work of subconsultants and staff members while continually developing and reviewing policies, practices, methods and procedures of a professional work environment
RS&H Resources Available to You: RS&H has been doing business in the Puget Sound Area for 10 years with clients including King County, Port of Seattle, and Seattle DOT. The Firm is amplifying this presence and has designated this area as one of our top 3 growth areas in the firm. All technical, operational, and corporate resource groups (HR, Recruiting, IT, Communications, Marketing, and Strategy) are focused on continued expansion of opportunities for our associates in this area in both the short and long-term. The firm has also recently relocated several associates to the area to service recent project wins and existing clients. Our flat organizational structure is a good fit with client-focused entrepreneurial spirits, and our 80-years young brand has served some of the country's most innovative clients including 25+ DOT's, 15+ Toll/Transit Authorities, 200+ airports, and Aerospace/Defense projects dating back to NASA's Apollo program. Finally, your specific role will be supported by operational and marketing teams including financial experts to assist project managers and writers/business development/marketing staff specific to your region within our construction management group. Our structure makes your life and your project managers' lives easier to allow you to focus on your people, clients, and quality of services.
**Please provide a project list that includes construction values along with your resume.**
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Washington
- 12+ years of experience in management of major road or bridge construction projects
- Prior management/supervisory experience required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- CMGC/Alternative Delivery expertise preferred
- Leadership in professional organizations in the area preferred
- History of managing large or complex projects which may include Federal Funding obligations
- Experience in managing budgets, business planning, and proven history of exceeding financial goals
- Prior experience working with Seattle DOT, WSDOT, or other local agencies
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H's Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.