Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in Charleston, South Carolina.
Join a team that s Changing What s Possible The Department of Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in coastal Charleston, SC, is seeking a Section Chief of Adult Palliative Care who will also serve as the Medical Director of Palliative Care for the MUSC enterprise.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Board Certification in Palliative Care
- Outstanding leadership experience at an academic health system
- A commitment to education, clinical care, and research
- Experience in mentoring, staff development and creating a high performing team
In this role, you will:
- Continue to build upon an already successful Palliative Care program
- Provide leadership, scholarly support and mentorship to a well-established team
- Determine growth strategy for Palliative Care across the MUSC enterprise
- Define best practices for palliative care across South Carolina
- Provide exceptional patient care in clinical inpatient and outpatient settings
About MUSC s Palliative Care Program:
- Exceptional team composed of 7 faculty members and 6 APPs in the adult section and 3 faculty and 2 APRNs in the pediatrics section providing both outpatient and inpatient care
- 2 ACMGE approved Palliative Care Fellowships per year
- State-of-the-art care provided by physicians, nurses, social workers, and chaplains
- Awarded the 2019 Circle of Life Citation of Honor from AHA
- Recognized with a multi-year Duke Endowment grant for Palliative care expansion
Learn more about MUSC s Palliative Care at: muschealth/medical-services/palliative-care
We will provide:
- Salary commensurate with rank, qualifications, expertise, and accomplishments
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program eligibility
- EPIC medical record platform
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Low Country cuisine prepared by world-class chefs.
We invite you to join the team committed to Changing What s Possible and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country!