Embedded C Software Engineer - Remote Opportunity
Are you looking for a role where you can use your knowledge of embedded "C software development to create software that run on an engine or generator? Would you like to work for a company that provides an innovative work environment, flexible schedules, and ongoing professional development?Who we are:
LER TechForce, an LHP affiliate, previously LHP Engineering Resources is an industry leader in embedded controls, software, functional safety, and engineering IT talent. For over 20 years LER has been working with customers across North America to meet their engineering resource challenges.
We have a position for an electrical or embedded software engineer who has experience with embedded C software development.Job Location
: Remote Opportunity, Team based in Minneapolis, MNWhat you will be doing:
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Requirements creation
- Development of C software
- Work closely with software and system engineers to develop control module software.
- Make modifications to existing functions initiated by Defect/Change Request, maintaining backward product compatibility.
- Software level testing and validation testing
- Assure all engineering technical data is complete and accurately documented, establish and maintain technical files per the engineering processes, be cognizant of applicable certifications and product requirements.
- Thoroughly document work performed via DCR system evaluations, and necessary technical reports.
- Create and update SRSs (Software Requirements Specification)
What you'll need to be successful:
- Embedded Software Design and Construction - Constructs embedded software using industry best practices and robust software engineering principles; verifies software updates to ensure quality products.
- Debugging/ Problem Solving
- Read electronic components' datasheets
- Work with existing code
- Coordinate and collaborate with global teams and internal stakeholders on project task execution, quality reviews etc. and communicate accurate project/task status
- Good communicator - written and verbal
- Great collaborator
What you'll get:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines.
- Proficient in embedded C, GCC compiler and makefile
- Understanding of communication protocol (CAN, SPI) is highly desired
- Familiar with 32-bit microcontrollers and associated microcontroller peripherals (memory, PWM, DS I/O, AS I/O, Timers, Watchdog etc)
- Implement efficient and optimized software to meet system requirements
- Hands on knowledge of debuggers and configuration management tools and concepts
- Read a schematic for basic understanding (No need to understand the circuits)
- Trace an output from the microcontroller through the schematic
- Identify basic components in a circuit
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance - Mitigates potential product failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional requirements, interactions, control factors, noise factors, and prioritized potential failure modes and potential failure causes for the system of interest to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of Cummins' products.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Full benefits: medical, dental, 401K match
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Flexible Hybrid schedule
- The opportunity to work on industry leading projects
Click the Easy Apply button to learn more.