Our Kent, WA location has an opening for an Entry-Level Field Chemical Technician (CleanPack Chemist). Our Chemists are responsible for packaging waste, completing corresponding paperwork and transporting waste to local disposal facility. This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Executes lab pack projects/jobs and ensures the proper packaging of material/waste;
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans;
- Load and pack materials and wastes properly and segregate waste material;
- Load drums onto transport vehicle;
- Prints labels, labels drums and stages drums for driver pick-up;
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance our company's policies and procedure.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience is a plus;
- 1+ years of chemical or laboratory experience is a plus;
- Chemistry or science coursework preferred;
- Driver's license required;
- Class B Commercial Drivers License or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire (we will provide training)
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.