POSITION TITLE: Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
CSArch is seeking a full-time entry level mechanical engineer or designer with 0 - 3 years of experience for our engineering team located in our Albany, NY office. This individual will be an integral part of our engineering design group, working alongside senior level engineers, architects, and project managers in performing technical design and specification for a variety of education, corporate and manufacturing clients.
CSArch takes an integrated approach to design fostering an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity with multiple listings over the years as a great place to work. CSArch has a remote policy permitting part of the work week to be remote.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform design-related engineering and production tasks from concept design through final design including development of construction drawings, specifications, and calculations with direction from mid- and senior-level engineers.
- Survey and assess existing buildings and associated mechanical and plumbing systems to develop project scope.
- Review code compliance, interdisciplinary coordination, and quality assurance while generating construction documents.
- Partake in construction administration including submittal review, RFIs, construction site observations and documentation.
- Become proficient in and help develop, refine, and document company graphic and workflow standards.
- No related experience is required; however, exposure to HVAC design in the form of an internship, co-op or actual work experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering preferred. College level certificate in drafting or Associate's degree in computer aided drafting will be considered.
- Proficient in the use of Revit for Building Information Modeling and production of construction document deliverables preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, self-motivated, accurate, work well under pressure, able to follow directions and ask questions.
- 40+ hours M-F; overtime as necessary to meet deadlines, travel, driving, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. Site observations may involve outdoor weather, year-round, moving mechanical equipment, climbing ladders/scaffolding and observing high area construction activities. Noise level is often loud. Background check may be required. Requires use of hardhat, construction boots, and possibly other safety equipment as required on a construction site.