Career Opportunity: Field Service Technician with Verdin in Texas
Do you excel at trouble shooting and fixing equipment? Do you thrive on developing strong customer relationships and repeat business? If yes, we have an opportunity for you!
For more than 175 years, The Verdin Company in Cincinnati, Ohio has been manufacturing cast bronze bells and custom outdoor clocks for cities and towns, universities, and commercial customers around the world. Our unique products are featured in thousands of communities across North America.Remote positions available in Dallas or Houston!
We are looking for a Field Service Technician
to join our team. In the Field Service Technician
role, you will manage a territory with an established customer base and develop strong relationships with your customers.In This Role, You Will
Our business is stronger than ever, and we are looking for Field Service Technicians located in the Dallas or Houston area.
- Travel frequently, with up to 60% travel at peak periods within your territory. Candidates should have a flexible schedule and clean driving record.
- Work comfortably on ladders (up to 40-ft. extension ladder), in bell/clock towers, and in boomlifts.
- Possess basic mechanical and electronic trouble shooting skills; we will train you on the detailed workings of our products, but you should have a knack and a desire for fixing equipment issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment utilizing technical manuals, publications, and engineering support.
- Program electronic control equipment with the aid of manuals and technical support.
- Be Verdin's face to the customer and therefore capable of communicating in an effective, courteous, and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will excel at building customer relationships and developing technical skills. In addition, we look for:
- Basic Mechanical knowledge.
- Experience with electronics and/or electro-mechanical equipment -- previous experience as a sound technician, electrician, or fabricator is a plus.
- A self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently and think creatively to solve problems.
- Military experience is welcome.
- High school degree or equivalent.
This is an exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make an impact in a company that is like no other in the world. Come join our company and be a part of our rich history by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.