The registered nurse provides assessment, care planning and direct delivery of treatment utilizing professional nursing care processes in a patient and family centered manner in accordance with licensure and regulatory scope and standards, and established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Performs a comprehensive patient assessment to identify patient and family needs.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care involving the patient and the family.
- Performs and documents direct patient and family centered care and patient education according to nursing standards of practice.
- Identifies and responds to patient conditions to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Performs discharge planning to ensure safe and appropriate transition of care.
- Directs and delegates care provided by unlicensed team members.
- Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
LOCATION: Canton Potsdam Hospital
SCHEDULE: 12 hour shifts, Nights
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Advancement opportunities
- Required: Graduate of an accredited nursing school program
- Preferred: BSN from an accredited nursing school program
Licensure/Certification Registration Requirements:
- Required: Limited permit. Successful candidate must show proof of their limited permit AND that they're scheduled to take their N-CLEX.
- Preferred: Current, unrestricted New York State registered professional nursing license; AHA BLS upon hire
EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.