- 7AM-3:30PM (OT IS AVAILBLE)
- MUST BE FLEXIBLE W/ SCHEDULE- COULD START 6AM AND LEAVE @ 4:30PM (RARE, ONCE A WEEK/ONCE A MONTH)
- MAIN SITES- IRVINE & SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO- WILL BE COMPENSATED FOR DRIVE TIME
- CANDIDATE SHOULD BE BASED OUT OF ORANGE COUNTY SINCE MAIN SITES ARE IN ORANGE COUNTY
The Hazardous Material Tech II is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling of hazardous materials on a customer site.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed.
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required.
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Participate in spill response on customer's site as needed.
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings.
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Operate fork lift in a safe manner.
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles.
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary.
- Assist with all Clean Harbors activities on site as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA, DOT and Forklift Training.
- Grade 4 Industrial Wastewater License preferred.
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications preferred.
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Clean Driving record
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.