The St. Lukes Health System Hospice Team is seeking a full time Hospice RN Support
to join their team! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS!
St Luke's Hospice is an interdisciplinary team serving terminally ill patients in homes, ALFs, CFHs, and SNFs with diagnosis mix of Cancer, Heart Disease, Pulmonary Disease, Alzheimers/Dementia, Renal Disease, ALS, Liver Disease, Stroke, etc. Team members work autonomously in the community setting serving patients within the spectrum of the 4 levels of hospice care: Routine, Continuous, General Inpatient, and Respite.
The interdisciplinary team is comprised of Care Coordinator RNs, Weekday Support RNs/LPNs, Weekend Support RNs/LPNs, Night Support RNs, Medical Social Workers, Chaplains, Certified Nursing Assistants, Massage therapists, Volunteers, and Medical Staff including a nurse practitioner and physicians.
Dependable, strong critical thinking, self-starters dedicated to quality patient care will be successful in this role. Strong nursing comprehension of disease processes is essential. Previous Hospice experience is preferred, but not required. Responsibilities
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Why St. Luke's
- Education: Bachelor's or Associate's Nursing Degree
- RN's with less than 1 year of RN experience at the time of hire into the RN position must have graduated from an accredited nursing program (ACEN - Accreditation Commission of Education in Nursing, CCNE-Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education)
- Experience: 0 years experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Lukes Health System. We are the states largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Were proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise () is Idaho's capital cityboth a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown () area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include theIdaho State Capito () l, the classicEgyptian Theatre () , the Boise Art Museum () , Julia Davis Park () andZoo Boise () . The Greenbelt () follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills () are home to miles of hiking and biking trails. St. Lukes is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law. Default: Location : City Meridian, Idaho Category Nursing - RN and Leadership Work Unit Hospice HCH Mobile Units TV Position Type Full-Time Work Schedule DAY Requisition ID 1 Default: Location : Location US-ID-Meridian Work Location : Name 3330 E Louise Dr 4th Floor, Meridian, Portico North Building