The Maintenance Technician III/ Lead Tech performs skilled work in the specialized and preventive care, repair, and maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems and building systems and equipment. This position may have lead/supervisory responsibilities.
Schedule M-F 8AM-5PM, Pay Rate $29-31/hour depending on experience
A day in the life may include:
- Performing heating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical and remodeling work.
- Ensuring that all unoccupied residential units are ready for new residents
- maintaining a clean and safe environment throughout the facility
- ensuring the maximum quality of life possible for all residents in alignment with the company's mission, vision and core beliefs
To be successful in the role, you would have:
- 6+ years of previous experience in building maintenance or construction, or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Certification, license or equivalent as required under state and/or local regulation to operate or repair certain equipment in a technical field such as HVAC, building trades or building utilities program preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current & valid Drivers' License and driving record free of major infractions
- Availability that includes evenings and some weekends
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We provide healthcare benefits for our part-time and on-call team members! We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working after showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of their start date. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.
- 6+ years of previous experience in building maintenance or construction, or any equivalent combination of training and experience 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help