The Facility Repairs and Maintenance Technician works closely with the facility leadership team to assist with day-to-day maintenance and custodial work of the cultivation / manufacturing facility. The Technician position requires a highly organized, conscientious, reliable professional who will be discreet with sensitive information and has strong attention to detail.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs all electrical equipment as needed.
Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
Maintains the condition of all mechanical systems.
Works with contractors and vendors.
Performs troubleshooting and repairs on mechanical systems.
Handles emergency service calls after business hours on an on-call rotation.
Performs mechanical maintenance and building maintenance as required, using hand tools motorized lifts and machine tools such as lathe mills, grinders, etc.
Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials by hand or with the use of powered equipment.
Makes rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals at night; inspects doors, windows, and locks to see that they are properly and securely fastened.
Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring outside vendor services.
Scrubs, strips, sanitizes, waxes, and buffs floors using powered machines equipped with rotating brushes.
Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies.
Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
Cleans grounds and parking lots of litter, glass, snow or other debris.
Loads and unloads supplies, and moves heavy furniture and equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment. Replaces light bulbs and fuses.
May perform ground maintenance including removal of snow from sidewalks, salting walkways, mowing small areas of grass, trimming shrubs, etc., at an office site.
Other duties as needed/required to meet goals.
$20 - $25 USD per hour
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- The job requires physical activity, including prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 50 pounds (or more with a coworker).
- Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years industrial work experience preferred, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
- Ability to install, program, and troubleshoot variable frequency drives.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work. Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- You will need to have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate to education team in a timely manner.
- You will need be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
About Columbia Care
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care operates 130 facilities including 99 dispensaries and 31 cultivation and manufacturing facilities, including those under development. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms. The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit .
Recognized for its comprehensive benefits, ongoing training opportunities and commitment to diversity, equity inclusion both internally and with external vendors, Columbia Care has earned a spot on mg Magazine's America's Top Cannabis Industry Employers list.
Columbia Care Inc. has a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, generous PTO plans and a 401K with a generous company match for all full-time employees.
Equal opportunity employer
Columbia Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.