Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Abbott's Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
- Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
The Opportunity - Manufacturing Intelligence Engineer
This position works out of our Casa Grande, AZ location in the Abbott Nutrition Division. Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 480+ that works together to help nourish the world.
What You'll Work On
Primary Job Function
Lead and support manufacturing operations data systems within a manufacturing site. Provide technical consulting support to Manufacturing Operations and project engineers, as required.
Core Job Responsibilities
Develop manufacturing asset structure for data collection and data contextualization
Support and maintain manufacturing operation data systems including hardware and software. For example:
OSI PI, ZPI, EFT data servers
Software change management and asset monitoring servers
Manufacturing Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
Offline inspection software database
Coordinate with IT support team to maintain secured IT infrastructure for manufacturing operation.
Assist with manufacturing software system validation to be compliant with 21CFR part 11.
Assist with manufacturing data visualization and reporting needs.
Interface frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
Prepare written communication. Convey information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external to Abbott, using appropriate communication protocols.
Follow through on project goals; contribute willingly and incorporate the ideas of others; share resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business, e.g. participate in team meetings; serve as a functional expert in cross-project design review.
Build relationships. Initiate and cultivate open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others' needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interact effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
Resolve underlying problems. Identify full range of customer/ client needs and propose solutions to address them; make alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need, e.g. partners with an outside vendor to provide a better deliverable.
Position Accountability / Scope
Report through engineering organization. Work under general direction.
Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Responsible for standardization and best practices, replicated globally. Require frequent interactions with peers across sites and global regions.
Identify and quantify technical risks and their consequences relative to the success of part of a project; recommends appropriate action, e.g. reports calculations and recommendations in terms concrete enough for management to make an informed decision.
Decisions or recommendations would typically achieve department/project objectives.
Drives functional performance that ensures the highest standards in quality, customer service, and regulatory compliance are met.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 2+ years of IT, engineering, and/or operational experience.
Has demonstrated competency within the area of manufacturing IT systems.
Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and IT and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
Has a technical background in health care, nutritional products, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred).
Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.