$3,000 Hiring Bonus Eligible to External Candidates!
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Nurse Assistant - Psychiatric Unit at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro
The Nurse Assistant (NA) role is a non-licensed health care employee who performs delegated routine and predictable patient care tasks/duties and works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). These duties may include, but are not limited to EKGs, vital signs, basic patient care and transportation. Responds appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
- Graduate of any accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program, or Nursing Assistant program OR demonstrated equivalency (such as experience as a corpsman, EMT, foreign-licensed RN or MD)
- Completion of 2nd semester of accredited Nursing Program, HHA with 1-2 years experience
- Current BLS Card from the American Heart Association for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current Crisis Prevention and Intervention training (CPI) card
- The ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- The ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete assigned tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers
- 1 year Nurse Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant experience in a hospital or post acute environment
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART â€ Certificate of Excellenceâ€ for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of ApprovalÂ® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage â€ the foundation of our Mission and core values â€ to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits â€ see our website for details â€ http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of â€ Know me, care for me, ease my way.â€ Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, weâ€ ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P365133
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing
Job Function: Nursing
Schedule: Part time
Career Track: Nursing
Department: 7017 LCMSP PSYCHIATRIC 4E
Address: CA San Pedro 1300 W 7th St
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.