QVR Advisors is a San Francisco based boutique SEC-registered investment advisor managing quantitatively-driven, options-and volatility-focused strategies across absolute return and bespoke solutions business lines. QVR's absolute return strategies reflect its partners' deep history and experience managing risk through market and economic cycles. QVR's solutions business is customer-centered, designing customized investment programs across tail risk hedging, defensive equity and other areas to meet the needs of each client.
As an Operations Fund Accountant Associate, you will not only assist in the daily operations and accounting tasks within QVR. But you will also play an integral role in the firm's objective is to effectively build systems with best in class process integration throughout all parts of the business.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise. The firm offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance plans and 401k program.
- Liaise with prime broker and counterparties to ensure trade settlement
- Perform daily position and cash reconciliations, identifying and resolving break
- Investigate and record corporate actions and dividends
- Assist with account openings with prime brokers, executing brokers and other service providers
- Review OTC collateral statements; reconcile balances and interest accruals; coordinate with counterparty for settlement
- Assist with compliance filings including but not limited to ADV, Form PF, 13F, 13H
- Perform daily and monthly accounting procedures for co-mingled and managed accounts, booking income/expense accruals, timely and accurate PNL and NAV calculations, financial statement reviews and calculating fees
- Review of fund performance and calculation of fund performance fees
- Investigate and record financing costs as well as other expenses
- Research internal differences between the Fund Admin and trade entry system
- Assist with the annual audit process, working with Auditors and Fund Admin
- Assist with company financial management (invoicing, payroll, benefits, tax)
- Assist in IT development projects as it relates to Fund Accounting
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in fund accounting in the financial industry (big four public accounting firms, fund admin or hedge fund)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a small team, take initiative to solve problems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Programming skills and/or interest in learning (Python, AWS, databases)