We Are Hiring:
Title: Patient Care Technician (PCT) - Vascular Unit
Schedule: Full-Time Night Shift, 3 (12 hr) shifts per week
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year. Saint Thomas West is highly regarded and has received multiple disease specific certifications:
- Advanced Comprehensive Stroke
- Advanced Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Joint Commission Total Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee)
- Joint Commission Chest Pain Certification
- The only Commission on Cancer Accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program with Commendation in Tennessee.
- Largest National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Breast Cancer Program in Tennessee
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, the highest level of recognition in the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program of the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc.
- ADDARIO Lung Cancer Foundation Centers of Excellence
We offer EXCELLENT benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more
- Free Parking
What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintain medical equipment.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
Nurse Aide preferred.
High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.