What you ll do
As part of Bank of the West, you ll be making a positive impact on the environment, your community, and the planet at a leading sustainable bank.
We re looking for a motivated and eager learner to fill the role of Teller. As the human face of the bank in customer interactions, you ll be responsible for providing high-quality service by processing transactions efficiently and accurately. This is an entry-level role, and an opportunity to develop skills and experience to become a Universal Banker.
You will process customer transactions including deposits and withdrawals while following bank policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements. You ll also help customers with branch technology and proactively educate them about digital self-service options. As a friendly and helpful branch presence, you ll chat with customers to identify referral opportunities for appropriate bank products and services. You ll meet individual goals that contribute to increased branch sales, revenues, and customer experience. To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status, and employees who are not fully vaccinated may be required to undergo regular testing. What you need
- The desire to build your knowledge of bank deposits, services, and regulatory requirements
- A personable nature and good customer service skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to understand and explain digital tools-for example, how to enroll in online banking, how to pay bills online, and how to make remote deposits
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to multitask effectively