Labor and Delivery Unit Registered Nurse
What s in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans which start the 1 st of the month following start date
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture:
- The Labor and Delivery Unit consists of 14 beds, 3 OR suites and 8-bed triage beds.
- It is part of our Certified Baby Friendly Women's Health Unit.
- Tour our MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center's Women's Pavilion: !
- Each mom has a private L&D room.
About MedStar Health
- Education/Training:Valid RN license in the State of Maryland.
- Experience:1year RN experience. Critical care, emergency department or women's health, particularly Labor and Delivery RN experience is strongly preferred.
- License/Certification/Registration:CPR certification. Perinatal nurses (labor and delivery, antepartum, antenatal testing) must obtain certification in Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) from the National Certification Corporation (NCC) within 12 months from date of hire.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer skill preferred.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.