Welcome to SSM Health DePaul Hospital. We pride ourselves in providing a strong foundation in nursing. We embrace continuous growth and opportunity through frequent goal setting and educational experiences. We are a place where new and seasoned staff can develop their skills and grow together.
We want you to be a part of the team on 2 North! We're a fast-paced, 25-bed Telemetry - Oncology unit.
- Work with a compassionate and motivated team focused on the wellbeing of our patients and the success of our entire unit.
- Gain exposure to a variety of disease processes and treatments including diabetes, kidney disease, GI bleed, dementia, infections and antibiotic therapy, DVT's, substance abuse and withdraw, behavioral health disorders, and a variety of wound care and pain management techniques. Also train and develop competencies with cardiac drugs and drips.
- Have the opportunity to become oncology trained and be able to administer Chemo medications to patients.
- Develop your time management and delegation skills by providing care for a team of five-to-six patients.
- Improve your professional communication skills through continuous conversation with patients, families, staff members, and physicians.
- Perfect the foundational skills in nursing including assessment, EKG interpretation, medication administration, blood draws and IV insertion, critical thinking and care escalation, foley and NG insertion/removal, and alternative feeding methods, such as tube feeds and TPN.
- Find your passion in nursing working among a strong group of health care professionals focused on helping you reach your goals.
Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality outcomes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year of registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.