SAP Data Steward
Reno, NV, US, 89519
At Ormat, people are our greatest assets. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and share a passion for making a difference with renewable energy. Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, at Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:ORA), we are always on; delivering renewable power and energy solutions to our customers around the clock and around the world.. Our vertically integrated structure enables us to leverage our renewable energy expertise, our core capabilities, and our global experience to supply and develop clean, reliable energy solutions from geothermal power, recovered energy, and energy storage solutions. As theSAP Data Steward (MDS) is responsible for creating, maintaining, and deactivating master data and data attributes in SAP with a focus on materials and plant maintenance data. The MDS has an essential role in establishing in monitoring existing and new data against and ensuring timely and high-quality creation of new data in the system. The MDS reports to the SAP Master Data Supervisor.
- Create and maintain material and plant maintenance master data including Engineering items, Manufactured items, non-Engineering items, Services, Equipment, and Functional Locations.
- Identify, create, maintain, and enforce business rules around the various key master data attributes.
- Works closely with Operations, Maintenance, Warehousing, Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, and, MRP to create accurate master data that suites each departments needs.
- Help define and effectively govern master data attribute requirements per the Organization needs.
- Assist Data Migration between systems as required.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by monitoring and sharing best practices in data usage and provide insight into how teams can use data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Ensure compliance and security of the data. Data stewards are responsible for protecting their domain datawhile providing information on potential risks and offering guidance.
- Assist with creating and running relevant reports for master data analysis and auditing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree or Associates degree with additional 5+ years of work experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and love of creating order and consistency required.
- 5+ years of experience in data management and/or data governance activities and responsibilities.
- Experience working with SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated expert-level experience and capability with MS Excel required.
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment required.
- Experience creating and running business reports and data queries is preferred.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) preferred.
- Experience working with teams across multiple functions.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Nearest Major Market:
- The ability to work at a computer and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.
- The ability to work nonstandard working hours (early morning, late evening) if required, due to the different time zone with global operations.
Reno Nearest Secondary Market: