We are currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer for the Fort Lauderdale office.
The Senior Highway Engineer candidate will be responsible for managing the roadway/highway analysis and design, plans production, specifications, reports, and estimates efforts on large scale conventional and design-build projects for FDOT and county clients. Additional responsibilities include client communication; managing subconsultants; mentoring roadway/highway staff; monitoring labor budgets and schedules for assigned projects; coordinating with discipline key task leaders and staff to ensure ongoing communications; performing quality control on deliverables; meeting project deliverable schedules and budgets for assigned projects; and leading/supporting marketing and business development initiatives.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university;
- 15+ years of experience in roadway/highway engineering;
- Florida professional engineering (PE) registration;
- Experience managing conventional and design-build projects relating to intersections, arterials, interstates, and interchanges for FDOT and county clients;
- Working knowledge of MicroStation, Geopak, and/or OpenRoads Designer;
- Experience working with large multi-discipline teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and overall quality control and management.
- Experience managing and mentoring engineering staff
- Experience working on General Engineering Consultant/Owner's Representative contracts
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.