Do you know the byte order of a 64-bit integer on an x86 processor? Neither do we.
That kind of minutia isn't important to us because we're focused on solving real business needs. Customers come to us with problems they face day in and day out that are dragging them down. They know that there's a better way, but they need help imagining what it looks like and how to make it real on a budget they can afford.
Because we often come in at an early stage of solving a problem, we have a lot of creative freedom to use the tool we think is best for the job. We have a community of high performers with a proven track record who have fostered a culture of trust that we'll get the job done. We've built apps with Kotlin, C++, C#, Java, Typescript, Node, PHP, Ruby, Clojure, and more.
We make web apps, mobile apps, desktop apps, and more. You don't need to be an expert in a particular technology - we're looking for smart people with experience in software development who can learn fast and apply that knowledge to solve problems quickly. If you love making software as much as we do, we want to work with you!
We're looking for people who want to:
- Spend most of their time shaping and coding new software capabilities and features.
- Learn new skills and techniques in the software development craft with a community that loves it
- Work with a team of passionate people that want to succeed and want to see you succeed.
The working world is filled with zombies that are shackled to boring, repetitive, and time-consuming processes that sap their creativity and spirit. We're helping to set them free, one application at a time. Do you know how great it feels to take a job someone used to do in 2 weeks and let them do it in 2 hours? Do you know the satisfaction you get when someone tells you 'Thank you for giving my weekends back?'
Why Work for SimVentions?
It's hard to make a successful business in today's environment. There is constant pressure to deliver more, better, faster, cheaper. Competition is fierce. It's natural that so many companies are hyper-focused on their bottom-line because that's the only way they can see how to survive. When you're so focused on survival, you make decisions on the next quarter instead of the next 5 years.
Since its inception, SimVentions has made investing in the long term a priority. The best investment you can make is to create an environment where people want to succeed. We believe if you invest in people, give them a voice, and join them with a team that wants to succeed that you can accomplish just about anything.
We take a holistic view of creating a productive work environment. We don't want you to live and breathe your work, because ultimately that's a poor investment. You can't live your life like that forever, and eventually that comes back to hurt the company too. Helping people stay balanced and providing them plenty of opportunities to grow is how we built a company that has continued to expand through all the crazy economic conditions of the last decade.
Keep a work-life balance that helps ensure you have the time and energy to live your life and meet each new day refreshed and ready for new challenges.
We're 100% employee owned - no shareholders demanding a race to the bottom. Share in the company's success!
Help build a better community with one of the many outreach programs we have - or start a new one for a cause you care about.
Making people a priority is pretty radical in today's competitive environment. It took a leap of faith to start down this path, but after 20 years we can't imagine running the company any other way.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Clearance: Ability to Obtain Secret Clearance
Location: Fredericksburg, VA, Remote
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It's also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer's success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don't just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication ( All-Hands , SimV Share , Imagineering Day ) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)