Apply for this job now
Sr Electrical Engineer/Project Eng
- Liverpool, New York
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
We need highly motivated senior level electrical engineers to act as subject matter experts, lead challenging root cause investigations, and perform project management duties as needed.
Ongoing job responsibilities include:
• Ensure that the program's needs for troubleshooting, testing, finding root cause, and repairs are met
• Assist with overall Engineering & Technology cost, schedule, and technical program performance and Integrated Product Team Leadership
• Responsible for the identification and closure of technical issues
• Participate in Risk and Opportunity management
• Report status and issues for Engineering & Technology activities to Program Management and Engineering & Technology functional management
• Communicate/escalate unresolved Engineering & Technology conflicts, issues, dependencies, and concerns
• Provide technical experience for design and manufacturing related matters, including prioritizing the work of team members
• Review and develop product validation and verification plans and ensure customer and internal requirements are met. Responsible for implementing this plan and identifying resources to support the plan
• Chairman for Failure Review Board (FRB) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities
This position requires the ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance. Occasional overtime is anticipated. Travel is required, as this position is expected to fill a role at the Lockheed Martin, Marion, MA site for a period of time, followed up by transitioning to a position at Lockheed Martin, Syracuse, NY.
• EE leadership skills and ability
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with internal and external customers
• Experience troubleshooting electronics at the board level and ability to determine root cause down to the competent level
• Willingness to mentor electrical engineering interns and recent college grads
Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret level clearance
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
• Voltage regulation
• Power conditioning
• Designing electronics for acoustic sensors
• Acoustic systems analysis
• Power over ethernet
• DC/DC conversion
• Sensing and control
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Job Reference: 707222341-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Location: Liverpool, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent