Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley Operating Room; $7,500 Sign On Bonus!)Location:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Rotation Work Type:
GWV Surgical Suite TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, Geisinger has built an innovative culture that allows our staff to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Apply today to become a part of this amazing clinical team.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other disciplines.
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and operationg room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating registered nurse and surgeon before incision of operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges, needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of procedure.
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate containers.
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as instructed by the registered nurse.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or equipment used.
- Participates in on-call rotations of operating room.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical unit.
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring.
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection, pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem care.
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the registered nurse's supervision.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Position Details Geisinger Wyoming Valley Hospital is seeking to hire a full time Surgical Technologist in the Operating Room.
This is a great opportunity for seasoned Surgical Technologists or recent graduates looking to start their career with Geisinger as a Surgical Technologist.
This is a full position in the Operating Room
(4) 10 hour shifts are required
Every other weekdend and holiday
$7,500 Sign on bonus for eligible applicants For more information, please contact:
Recruiter, Nursing SupportGeisinger is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly starting rates and up to $5 additional pay in shift differential wages (negotiable upon experience level)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including insurance coverage upon first day of employment
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Paid Parental & Paid Military Leave
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and experienced nursing leaders
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Certified Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.