*Please Note: this position in located in Lancaster, PA
.6 FTE; 7pm to 7:30 am shift
Job Title: Surgical Technologist: Women and Babies Hospital/SOP (PT/Eve/night)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$3,700. sign on with 2 year committment
Part-time, 0.6, 48 hours per two weeks working evenings and nights 8,and 12 hr shifts with every third weekend, one summer/1 winter holiday minimal on call with 30 minute response time.
Assists in the delivery of patient care by handling instruments during operative procedures and by performing a variety of duties related to the preparation, processing and arrangement of surgical instruments and supplies under a Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Utilizes techniques of infection control. Monitors all personnel for compliance with aseptic techniques and safety standards.
- Functions primarily as instrument handler on all types of surgical procedures involving and requiring conformance with specific sterile and aseptic techniques and procedures.
- Secures, sets up and otherwise prepares the Operating Room equipment, instruments and supplies. Arranges instruments, tables, stands and other articles in specified order. Adjusts equipment within the Operating Room to meet the needs of the surgeon and operative requirements.
- Functions as first assistant to the surgeon by handling tissue, using instruments to provide wound exposure and hemostasis, suction, sponge and bovie when needed, cutting tissue and tying suture as directed by surgeon, which may include closure of surgical wound.
- Anticipates and supplies surgeon's needs for instruments, supplies and equipment in such a way that the surgeon need not divert his/her attention from the operative field.
- Identifies emergency situations and responds in a calm and efficient manner. Recognizes surgical complications and anticipates corrective measures, assuring expeditious treatment.
- Cares for contaminated instruments and supplies during and after the surgical procedures utilizing appropriate environmental control techniques.
- Participates in the on-call system in the O.R. for emergency and urgency cases.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- If new to the Surgical Technologist role and hired after 12/28/2020, must be a graduate of an approved school of surgical technology and be certified within 6 months of hire or validation of completion of a surgical military training program (Army, Navy or Air Force).
- All individuals hired after 12/29/2022, must be a graduate of an approved school of surgical technology and be certified within 6 months of hire or validation of completion of a surgical military training program (Army, Navy or Air Force).
- CPR Certification.
This position requires a Professional certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1Benefits At A Glance:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
WBH Part Time Posted on 04/20/2022